One of the things that I’m really excited about doing with the new blog is running contests and promotions from time to time. For quite a while, I’ve wanted to find a truly special couple to donate my services to. As a former bride, I know how quickly the wedding day goes by and how easy it is to miss important moments or not remember them until looking through photos later. I also know what it is to have restrictions that make it difficult to have the type of wedding and photographer that you dream about…so with that in mind, I’ve decided to run a contest.
I’m looking for truly deserving couples who have a great story – ones who may have endured hardships or have overcome obstacles together; not someone who is having an elaborate wedding in some exotic location (though I’m happy to photograph those, I can’t afford to foot the travel costs associated) – this contest is to give something to a couple who may not otherwise be able to have the moments of their wedding day captured by a professional wedding photographer.
Some simple rules:
- The couple must be getting married in fall or winter of 2008 and have both their date and location set.
- I must have the date available (obviously!).
- Couples that have already booked my services aren’t eligible for the contest (sorry!).
- The couple sign my standard wedding day agreement and allow me to use their names and images for promotions such as my blog.
- Send a recent photo of the couple that is a maximum of 800 pixels on the long side must be attached (please, no large files) along with a story no more than 1000 words as to why you or who you are nominating is the best couple to win. Oh, and it will be really helpful to have ways to contact everyone.
- Entries must be received via email at contest @ andreakellyphotography.com (eliminate the spaces) no later than May 15, 2008
The winners will receive 7-8 hours of wedding day photography by me, online posting of all their presented images, an 8×8 30-image album, and a DVD of the images when the album is completed. The stories will be reviewed by me and my panel of judges and the winner will be announced on the blog. So, do something good for someone that deserves it…spread the word, send this link out to family, friends, acquaintances, etc…I want this contest to be a difficult one for us to pick a winner. Oh, and for those of you who don’t qualify for this contest, be sure to come back since there are plans underway to have other assorted contests and give-aways in the coming months.